We all know importance of art education. Definitely its fun to scribble or make your hand dip in paints but art also helps kids to develop on many fundamental levels.
1. Creativity: Art allows kids to express themselves and it helps them to practice thinking creatively.
2. Motor skills: art helps to improve motor and cognitive skills. Simple act of holding pencil or making a line goes long way in development stages of kids
3. Confidence: Art help kids to build their confidence by learning to think outside of their comfort zone. As they improve and see their own progress, their self confidence continue to grow.
4. Visual learning: Specially for younger kids drawing and painting in art class help develop visual-spatial skills. Art education teaches how to interpret, criticize and use visual information , and how to make choices based on it.
5. Improved academic performance : Skill like control over motor skills, visual skills, decision making , kids learn doing art help them in their academic achievement with improved confidence!